Monday, September 20, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Late Sunday, my blog sounding eerily like my tenth grade science paper, wondering how in heavens I was going to fix this.  Frantically searching my diary looking for anything when I came across an entry I wrote about hands and feet, locking my eyes in on the first sentence, “It is the journey that God has taken my feet on that has enabled my hands to type the words that He has placed in my heart to write”, and there it was, the reminder of the chaos of where my feet have walked, and where I never want them to tread again.  It was peace, the simple pleasure of the peace I feel when I am at the pond sitting at my Father’s feet reading His word while the dog is enjoying her daily swim completely aware that I am sitting among my Father’s creation, it is the simple pleasure of peace I feel when I hear a bird singing outside my window or the leaves rustling on the trees.  It is the peace I feel while singing along during worship in Church, It is the peace I feel sitting on my patio sipping my coffee laced with caramel macchiato half and half with the sun shining on my face.  But more importantly it the peace I feel in knowing that I am not walking through this life alone, it is peace that I no longer have to worry because God is in control and has my best interests at heart, it is peace in knowing that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, it is peace that if my God is for me who can be against me, it is the peace of trust and faith, it is resting in the peace of God.

God doesn’t promise us a big house, monetary wealth or anything else the world tells us we are to place our worth in, He promises peace, because sometimes we can find ourselves in some really stinky places, and His promise of peace is what is going to get us through those times with a joyful and a glad heart.  Perhaps peace isn’t something you think about when you think of simple pleasures, but it is my simple pleasure, because I remember the days, all too well, when I didn’t have any. 

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I like to include a song with my posts, so for your listening pleasure today I have included Matt Redman’s, You Never Let Go.





11 comments:

  1. Hi Kandi, I loved your post. Peace has been on my heart a lot lately and I've been carrying around Isaiah 26:3... You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! That's all it boils down too, isn't it? Great song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of linking a song into a post - so often I have a song in my head while I am writing but have never thought of doing this. Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the true source of peace with the rest of us. Love the imagery.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oftentimes, we bring our own chaos into our lives. I'm reminded to SEEK out the peaceful! Thanks to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace is indeed a pleasure. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this line: "it is peace in knowing that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, it is peace that if my God is for me who can be against me, it is the peace of trust and faith..." Amen and Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder - there is so much we miss out on, so many simple pleasures uncelebrated as we are not at peace in the midst of the chaos around us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you for your post. Several years ago our lives were anything but peaceful. But, God gave me the "peace that surpasses all understanding" to make it through that time. Thank you for reminding of the simple pleasure of walking in God's peace!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse the repeat of words, but your writing is beautiful. I too was living every image you spoke of. Beautiful! You have a beautiful heart and it shows.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. His Peace...eternal Peace...perfect Peace.
    Thank you for turning my thoughts to this awesome gift from Christ...Peace With God!
    Blessings~

    Oh, I love the name of your blog and the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peace be with you, Kandi!

    I love your blog!! So glad you joined in the carnival.

    Simple Blessings ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete