Sunday, April 3, 2011

a free man

One of my favorite movies of all time is The Shawshank Redemption, I must have seen at least a dozen times already.

There is a point at the end of the movie where one of the main characters named Red is on his way to Mexico to meet his friend Andy, narrating the scene Red says this:

I find myself so excited I can hardly sit still or hold a thought in my head.  I think it is only a feeling a free man can feel.  A free man who is at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

The final scene shows Red walking a beach with sand so white and an ocean so blue it is something he could only imagine in his dreams.

We are free in Christ, the journey has been long, the future often times uncertain, but God has already written our conclusion and it is even more beautiful than anything we could ever imagine in our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment