Thursday, June 9, 2011

because i too forget

My sweet friend Eileen over at the Scenic posted this on her blog today and I loved it so much I asked her if I could steal it, she graciously agreed.  I know many of you also read her blog, but it struck something inside me.  That I forget, even though I know God has a plan for my life, I forget, I get so focused on my plan that I forget to include Him in the planning process.  I am definitely printing this out for my refrigerator.

And visit Jenni over at God Every Moment she shared some wonderful words of wisdom on finding the one.

i want to introduce you
to my friend, Spirit

you might know him too

he’s been my friend
for years and years

he’s with me
wherever I go
the valleys
the mountains
everywhere in between

but sometimes
i forget

sometimes
i ignore him

sometimes
i don’t confide in him

i forget
his wisdom
his sound advice
his perfect solutions

sometimes
i feel like an outcast
i run around the playground
searching

i forget

i forget
to look

i forget
my need

i forget
HIS love

then
i cry out

and
he reminds me

my friend
my constant
companion
Spirit

“If you love me, show it by doing what I’ve told you.  I will talk to the Father, and he’ll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you.  This Friend is the Spirit of Truth.  The godless world can’t take him because it doesn’t have eyes to see him, doesn’t know what to look for.  But you know him already because he been staying with you, and will even be in you!
(John 14:17 Message)

2 comments:

  1. This message is definitely worth re-posting. I don't ever want to forget again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That is all I know to say. Like Lisa said it is worth re-posting. Thanks and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete