Wednesday, March 16, 2011

sweet tears and even sweeter blessings

I lay in a pool of my own tears, the carpet soaking wet beneath my face.

He won’t always change our circumstances, but He will pour out His blessings to let us know He has not forgotten, He’s still got it under control.

Going for walks and gettin my praise on in the beautiful spring like weather.

Letting the fresh air tumble through my open windows, that just doesn’t happen often enough.

An awesome Third Day concert and even more awesome acoustic after show.

Dinner and great conversation with a friend.

Sunday morning service

A good hair day

Peace amidst turmoil

Getting a parking spot right in front, time and time again.

Perusing the local Christian bookstore with no intent to buy anything and walking away with 4 books on CD for the low low price of $5, yes you read right, 4 books for five whole dollars.

The grocery bill that was mysteriously much lower than normal.

Washing clothes at home again.  The washtub my washing machine drains into had one nasty clog, after several attempts at trying to pray it away (yep I really did that) I finally called a plumber, and I can now use my washing machine again.

He may not always deliver us from our circumstances, but He will remind us that He is with us in the middle of them.

3 comments:

  1. "He may not always deliver us from our circumstances, but He will remind us that He is with us in the middle of them." Yes He is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days it will be "great dinner and conversation..." Love ya, Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann Voscamp has a new book, One Thousand Gifts, that reflect on just such these ideas: gratitude in our circumstances, come what may.

    Sounds like a very sweet week!!

    ReplyDelete